Top 7 SEO Blogs
After seeing Adam’s list of blogs for creative writers and noticing an SEO blog, I couldn’t resist the temptation to put together my own list of must-read SEO blogs. Whether or not the industry has a bad reputation among bloggers, staying abreast of search engine news can give your blog a real edge over the competition. What can I say; I can’t help but defend my profession.
Here’s my rundown of the top seven SEO blogs (ordered alphabetically; it’s really hard to rank them against each other for such a broad category).
- Bruce Clay, Inc. Blog – Bruce is an old name in the industry. His blog is a great resource for SEO news and tips in general. What keeps me coming back, though, are the hilarious in-post comment wars he has with Susan. Think we could do something like that, Daniel?
- Marketing Pilgrim – Andy Beal’s got some great material on a variety of different marketing-related topics, including a lot of articles on SEO and blogging.
- Matt Cutts: Gadgets, Google, and SEO – There’s nothing quite like getting news straight from the source. Matt works for Google. He’s a great read to begin with, but you just can’t beat his blog for authority when it comes to the internet’s #1 search engine.
- Search Engine Land – Although the blog itself has only been around for a few months, Danny Sullivan has been an SEO bigwig for much longer.
- Search Engine Roundtable – If you want to stay abreast of conversations on the hottest SEO discussion boards (e.g. Cre8asite, WebmasterWorld, DigitalPoint, etc.) without, well, having to read them, this blog is your first stop.
- Search Engine Watch – This blog is definitely one of the oldest and most respected sources for search engine news. It’s a bit drier than the others; good for information, bad for personality, but still useful if all you’re interested in are the facts.
- SEOmoz Daily SEO Blog – Rand Fishkin and co. provide some great information. Be sure not to miss their whiteboard fridays.
The way I see it, as a blogger, you can hate SEO professionals for their methods or learn from their success. And since you can’t beat them (they rank too well for that), you might as well join them. 😉
Update: This is Daniel writing. While the blogs that Stephen listed are certainly awesome, I think that there are 3 missing: PronetAdvertising, Search Engine Journal and SEO Blackhat. Make sure to check them out as well!
Browse all articles on the SEO category
51 Responses to “Top 7 SEO Blogs”
Good article, click on my name/link to submit your site to over 20 search engine for free and to get tips and articles on seo, free web templates and much more..
Thanks, great list. I think so far I have done a good job at optimizing my site for search engines, but as you know, it is a constantly evolving field.
On a different note, I have found that getting backlinks while helping people is another good way to build traffic to your site. For example I regularly answer questions on Yahoo on SEO optimization questions and free search engine submission tips. And in return I end up getting good backlinks and people visiting my sites.
affordable web services
Iâ€™m quite befuddled by bloggers not liking SEO.Great list Adam,That is great blog.
This post very helpful, SEO increase web traffic to your site.
Great post. Very help information thanks for posting 🙂
Thanks for Sharing, Writing articles is an excellent way of getting new links to website.
Ya it is a good blog and have nice articles. Thanks again for sharing articles.
SEO Services Sydney
Thanks for that!
Organic SEO – Page optimization, Free advertising which increases backlinks and Article marketing. You can do all three of these things without spending any money.
What are the three top ways to really drive serious traffic with out breaking the bank?….
That is great blog. Thank you for this type of great blog
Great list Adam, i learn lots of new thing from these blogs dear.
thanks for this list.
Explore The SEO world
I am new to SEO – there are so many things out there that you can waste your money on. What are the three top ways to really drive serious traffic with out breaking the bank?
ny seo company
Well i feel your pain about seo companies etc. As an seo company one thing I never do is brag to people that i can get them high rankings i show them results with references and it speaks for itself.
You have mentioned really good tips for SEO.
Thanks, seo is important to increase our traffic. Your list help me to know seo master’s tips
Comments are closed.