Do you love shopping and want to earn rewards for your purchases at the same time? If so, then you should check out apps like Amazon Shopper Panel.
Amazon Shopper Panel is an invitation-only program where you get rewards by uploading eligible receipts from purchases. Yet, one of the app’s main conditions is that the purchases must be from outside Amazon.
Luckily, there’s a wealth of other apps that offer similar rewards and benefits. Some of these platforms include Swagbucks, Shopkick, Nielsen Consumer Panel, Receipt Hog, and many more!
In this article, we’ll list eight alternatives to Amazon Shopper Panel, giving you a brief overview of each and describing their pros and cons.
Swagbucks is a website and app that rewards you for doing stuff you already do online, like shopping, watching videos, answering surveys, and playing games. You earn points for completing these tasks, which you can redeem for gift cards, cash, or other rewards.
Swagbucks is one of the most popular reward programs since it has more than 20 million members. It’s free to join and use and has no minimum withdrawal limits.
Pros of Swagbucks
- It’s a legitimate and reputable rewards program.
- There are many ways to earn points, so you can find something you enjoy doing.
- The rewards are valuable and can be redeemed for a variety of items.
Cons of Swagbucks
- The value of the points can vary depending on the gift card.
- It can take some time to earn enough points for a significant reward.
- Some tasks, like watching videos, can be boring.
Tips for Using Swagbucks
- Complete surveys that are relevant to your interests: This will help you qualify for more surveys and earn more points.
- Take advantage of the daily and weekly bonuses: These allow you to earn extra points quickly.
- Refer your friends to Swagbucks: You will earn points for each friend who signs up and completes a certain number of tasks.
Another rewards app you’ll easily fall in love with is Shopkick, which incentivizes you to shop at your favorite stores.
Earn points, called “kicks,” for scanning products, checking into stores, and completing other activities. Then, you can later exchange these kicks for gift cards, cash, or other rewards in places like Amazon, Starbucks, and Sephora.
Pros of Shopkick
- It’s a fun and addictive way to earn rewards for shopping.
- Shopkick has a robust rewards catalog, with gift cards from a lot of stores and brands.
- The app has exclusive offers and discounts you can’t find anywhere else.
Cons of Shopkick
- The number of kicks you earn can vary depending on the activity.
- Some of the activities, such as scanning products, can be repetitive.
- The app can be a bit buggy at times.
Tips for Using Shopkick
- Scan products that you’re already buying: This is the easiest way to earn kicks.
- Check into stores you usually visit: Turn your typical shopping experience into a game!
- Complete offers: Shopkick often has special offers that can award you a lot of kicks.
3. Nielsen Consumer Panel
The NielsenIQ Consumer Panel is a way to earn rewards for sharing your shopping habits with Nielsen. You can download the app on your phone or computer, and then you’ll be asked to scan your receipts and answer some questions about your purchase information.
The consumer research program uses this information to help businesses understand what consumers are buying. This way, they can make better decisions about their products and marketing strategies.
Pros of Nielsen Consumer Panel
- It’s free; you don’t have to pay anything to participate.
- You can redeem your points for gift cards, merchandise, or cash.
- You’ll be helping businesses model their products based on your opinions, which will benefit you as a customer in the end.
Cons of Nielsen Consumer Panel
- Scanning eligible receipts can be a bit of a hassle, but it’s not too bad.
- Answering questions about shopping habits may feel personal to some people.
Tips for Using Nielsen Consumer Panel
- Take pictures of paper receipts as soon as you get home: This will help you remember what you bought and make it easier to answer the app’s questions.
- Answer all the questions honestly: The more information you provide, the more valuable your data will be to Nielsen.
- Be patient: It may take some time to start earning rewards, so stay consistent until they add up!
4. Receipt Hog
Another app that works a bit like Amazon Shopper Panel is Receipt Hog. As the name suggests, the mobile app rewards you for uploading your receipts from participating stores. Some examples of these stores include Starbucks, Albertsons, and Target.
You can earn points for each receipt you upload, and these points can be redeemed for gift cards, cash, or Sweepstakes entries.
Pros of Receipt Hog
- You just snap a picture of your receipt and upload it to the app, which only takes a few minutes.
- You don’t have to pay anything to participate.
- You can level up as you upload more receipts per month to increase the points you earn per receipt.
- Users may earn bonus points for completing surveys, watching videos, and referring friends.
Cons of Receipt Hog
- You can only earn points for receipts from participating stores.
- It can take some time to accumulate enough points to redeem for a reward.
Tips for Using Receipt Hog
- Take a clear picture of your receipt: The app should be able to read the barcode and the store name easily.
- Look for bonus opportunities: Receipt Hog often offers bonus points for sharing receipts from certain stores or categories of items.
- Take advantage of the referral program: You can earn ten or more free spins at Hog Slots for each friend who signs up for the app.
5. Checkout 51
Checkout 51 is a Toronto-based free mobile rewards platform that pays you for scanning your grocery, gas, or drug store receipts.
You can earn cash back on select products. Then, you may redeem this cash for gift cards, PayPal cash, or direct deposit.
Pros of Checkout 51
- There are no minimum withdrawal limits.
- Checkout 51 offers new offers regularly, so you’re always sure to find something you’re interested in.
- The app gives you cash back on a wide variety of products, from groceries to household items to personal care products.
Cons of Checkout 51
- Checkout 51 is only available in the United States and Canada.
- Some offers are there for a limited time, which will require your fast action!
Tips for Using Checkout 51
- Check the app regularly: Checkout 51 adds new offers and promotions day after day.
- Make sure the items you buy are eligible for cashback: Before you check out, look at the offer list to ensure you make the most out of your shopping session!
- Be flexible: The reward amount you earn varies depending on the product and the offer. It’s a good idea to go for the products that give you extra cash back.
- Combine Checkout 51 with other rewards programs: Consider using store loyalty programs or credit card rewards to maximize your savings.
Pogo is a rewards app that transforms your everyday online activities into a fun and rewarding game.
You can earn points for shopping, watching videos, answering surveys, playing games, and browsing the internet.
You don’t even have to take pictures of your Starbucks or McDonald’s receipt; the app is linked to your cards and accounts so that you could get your cash back seamlessly and effortlessly!
Pros of Pogo
- You’ll earn points for doing things you already do online, so it won’t feel like work.
- It’s fun to compete against other users to get the most points!
- You can receive points from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection.
Cons of Pogo
- The rewards catalog isn’t as extensive as some other rewards programs on our list.
Tips for Using Pogo
- Complete surveys: Surveys are a great way to earn points quickly.
- Have fun: The more you enjoy using the app, the more likely you are to stick with it and earn points.
- Keep your device’s notifications turned on: This way, you’ll be notified when there are new surveys or offers available.
7. Fetch Rewards
Fetch Rewards is a free app on mobile devices that rewards you for uploading your shopping receipts. You can earn points for every receipt you scan, and these points can be redeemed for gift cards from over 300 different retailers.
To use Fetch Rewards, begin by downloading the app and creating an account, which takes a few minutes. Then, you can start scanning paper receipts or digital receipts from your Amazon account.
Pros of Fetch Rewards
- It’s available for iOS and Android devices, so everyone gets a chance to try it.
- There is no minimum redemption amount.
- Fetch Rewards offers a wide variety of rewards, including gift cards to popular retailers, cash back, and even charitable donations.
- You can earn points and redeem rewards without ever spending a penny.
Cons of Fetch Rewards
- There were some complaints of the app crashing or not scanning receipts correctly.
- The rewards may not be as valuable as other programs.
Tips for Using Fetch Rewards
- Purchase products featured in the “Brands” section: This earns you a minimum of 35 points on your receipt.
- Buy special offer items: Get even more points this way!
- Refer friends to Fetch Rewards: The referral program grants you 2,000 points for each friend who signs up.
Want another free app that promises cool rewards for completing different tasks? Well, Ibotta is at your service!
The app works by scanning receipts from participating retailers and then awarding users cash back for the items they purchased. But that’s not all; Ibotta differs from other rewards apps in a few ways.
First, it offers cash back rather than points. This means you can get real money back on your product purchases instead of earning rewards that you can redeem in limited ways.
Second, it deals with a wider variety of products and retailers than most other rewards apps.
Third, the app gives you multiple ways to earn cash back, including scanning receipts, watching videos, and completing surveys. Talk about maximum flexibility!
Pros of Ibotta
- Once you’ve earned enough cash back, you can redeem it for a gift card, PayPal cash, or cash transferred directly into your bank account.
- Payments are typically processed within 24 hours.
- Ibotta offers cash back on a wide range of products that you need every day.
- Offers are easy to find, whether you’re using the app, searching for specific keywords, or trying the browser extension.
Cons of Ibotta
- You must earn $20 in cash back before you can withdraw your earnings.
- If you don’t use Ibotta for 180 days, you’ll be charged a monthly fee.
- You have to claim offers before you buy items to earn cash back, which requires some basic planning abilities.
Tips for Using Ibotta
- Focus on bonuses: Ibotta has a wealth of bonus opportunities, such as earning an extra $0.50 for redeeming three offers on a specific product category.
- Use the integrated scanner: This is a great way to verify that a product is eligible for an offer before you buy it.
- Mix the app’s deals with other coupons and sales: For example, if you see an offer for $1 cash back on a bottle of shampoo already on sale, you could save more by using a coupon from the store’s weekly ad.
To Wrap It Up
In today’s economy, it’s more important than ever to find ways to save and earn extra money. And thanks to the rise of apps like Amazon Shopper Panel, you can do that from the comfort of your home without spending months stuck on the app’s waiting list!
These apps offer a variety of ways to earn cash back, discounts, and additional rewards on your everyday purchases. Our favorite rewards apps include Ibotta, Fetch Rewards, Swagbucks, Shopkick, and others that can change your shopping game entirely.
So what are you waiting for? Start your savings journey now by scanning receipts for purchases!