Video Blog Review 5: The 4 SEO Factors on Single Post Pages
Monday’s video post is up. On this one I did a quick SEO review of the factors that you need to have in place on single post pages.
- On most blogs, the single post pages are the most important ones as far as search engine traffic is concerned
- That is because the bulk of the organic traffic will go there, since you can target very specific keywords and optimize the page elements more efficiently there
- The first thing to keep in mind is that the full content should appear only on the single post page itself
- The second factor is the title tag, which should be dynamic and concise.
- The third factor is the permalink structure, which should be based on words, and should not use weird characters or unnecessary information
- Finally, you should also make sure that the title of your posts are using an H1 tag
If you can’t see the video player, here is the link to the YouTube page.
Browse all articles on the Video Posts category
18 Responses to “Video Blog Review 5: The 4 SEO Factors on Single Post Pages”
Nice Post Thanks..
Cool man the video is very informative keep up the good work!
Nice… Thanks for the video tip…
Just SEO It
This was an absolutely great video considering I am still learning about SEO for my own blog.
Could you tell me how I change my blog post titles from H3 to H1? I have no clue.
Thanks so much!
Great post – pls keep the videos coming – and best of all – you’re practicing what you preach!
Sell Porn Make Money
Great points. I like the one about using a summary instead of the full content on everything except the post.
Also very important:
– Links to related posts
– Incoming links from related posts
Not so important as per my tests:
– H1 tags (or other heading tags)
– Words in URL ( xyz.com/%postid% is equally good)
But still every minute factor counts. Small things add up gradually.
Medical Transcription Blog
Thanx Daniel for that tips on title tag and h1 tag. I was adding my blog name to the title and was using h2 for single posts.
Thanx again for that eye opener.
Excellent post and video. I am doing all four as well but it took me a while to get that into my head and I changed a lot of things before I got to that point.
I appreciate the effort you put into your business. Keep it up.
I have a bookmark section called Blog tips ; you are always first on my list
I took your tip of using the ‘more’ tag on all my posts, been doing good ever since.
That was very helpful. Thanks and keep them videos coming.
Marketing Masters Guide
Thank you, I’ll need to read on robots.txt bit more first and try it later.
I thought that I am almost done with initial design/plugins/tweaking but small things keep come up. 🙂
@Rarst, blocking them from indexing is a good way to solve the problem on that case.
Good video, I am mostly fine (need to change titles from h2 to h1) but have question about categories – if I have plenty of short posts that doesn’t justify using more tag what should I do with categories/tags/months pages?
Should I just block them from indexing with robots.txt? I have separate sitemap on site and xml sitemap for crawlers so it’s not going to hurt indexing quality (I think 🙂 ).
This is brilliant Daniel
I need someone to SEO my blog I can see from this video Thanks for your tips they are awesome
Excellent video Daniel….
I had written about this in my blog, but a video like this would make it more clear.
Comments are closed.