Monday’s video post is up. On this one I did a quick SEO review of the factors that you need to have in place on single post pages.
Here is a quick summary of what I covered:
- On most blogs, the single post pages are the most important ones as far as search engine traffic is concerned
- That is because the bulk of the organic traffic will go there, since you can target very specific keywords and optimize the page elements more efficiently there
- The first thing to keep in mind is that the full content should appear only on the single post page itself
- The second factor is the title tag, which should be dynamic and concise.
- The third factor is the permalink structure, which should be based on words, and should not use weird characters or unnecessary information
- Finally, you should also make sure that the title of your posts are using an H1 tag
If you can’t see the video player, here is the link to the YouTube page.