Website Traffic Series Part 16: Promoting Your Content on Social Networking Sites
A couple of weeks ago we talked about how you can use social bookmarking sites to generate traffic to your website. Social networking sites represent another sub-category under the social media umbrella, and they could also be used to generate traffic. Below you will find how.
The concept: The term social networking site encompass a wide range of websites and applications where the goal is to let users of a certain group, or having a certain interest, to connect, interact and share things. Popular examples include MySpace.com and LinkedIn.com.
Most of those websites allow its members to write a small bio or profile, and usually they also let you include a link there. Given the popularity of social networking sites around the web, it is possible to use those websites to generate traffic to your own.
Does it work?: Yes, provided you are minimally active on the social networking sites where you plan to promote your website. The traffic can also be significant depending on how popular your “profile page” will get. I have seen webmasters receiving as much as 500 uniques a day from MySpace or Facebook profiles.
Another advantage of registering with those services is that some of them will follow the profile links of members, meaning that you will also reap some SEO benefits along the way.
How to get started: First of all you need to create an account on those services. Some that you might consider are:
Once you have an account, you will need to get as many friends and contacts as possible. Just get busy and active in the community and people will notice you. Make sure to add your link to your profile, and try to share it inside specific groups as well. As usual, test with different strategies until you find efficient ways to drive traffic to your own site.
Over to the readers: Are you active in social networking sites? Do you think that it is possible to generate traffic with them? What strategies have worked for you in the past?
Website Traffic Series
- Part 1: Using Web Design and CSS Galleries
- Part 2: Submitting Your Content to Blog Carnivals
- Part 3: Leaving Comments on Other Blogs
- Part 4: Faking A Website Sale
- Part 5: Pulling an April Fools Prank
- Part 6: Using Forum Signatures
- Part 7: Putting A Blog on Your Static Website
- Part 8: Adding a Forum to Your Site or Blog
- Part 9: Buying Targeted Traffic
- Part 10: Using Email Signatures
- Part 11: Putting Your URL On Online Profiles
- Part 12: Emailing Bloggers to Showcase Your Best Content
- Part 13: Faking a Hacker Attack
- Part 14: Promoting Your Content on Social Bookmarking Sites
- Part 15: Promoting Posts That Link to You on Social Bookmarking Sites
- Part 16: Promoting Your Content on Social Networking Sites
- Part 17: Using Article Directories
- Part 18: Exchanging Links with Partner Sites
Browse all articles on the Promotion category
35 Responses to “Website Traffic Series Part 16: Promoting Your Content on Social Networking Sites”
Eryaman hali yikama
Good info thanks for sharing with us.Nice information, valuable and excellent, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which we all need, thanks for all the enthusiasm to offer such helpful information here…
Comments are closed.