Who doesn’t, right?
While I won’t be giving one, hopefully the tip I am going to share below will put you in the right path for building your own.
The tip is pretty simple: take a look at other websites that already achieved that (i.e., reached millions of monthly page views) and analyzed how they achieved it. Things you could analyze include:
- What niche they are focusing on.
- What kind of design they use.
- What kind of content or service they offer to visitors.
- What methods they use to generate traffic.
- What monetization methods they are using.
- What strategies they are using to convert first time visitors into loyal readers.
At this point you might be thinking: “OK, I’ll do that, but where exactly will i find websites that already reached millions of monthly pageviews?”
One resource I like to use for this purpose is the BuySellAds.com marketplace. You’ll basically be able to browse across hundreds of websites that are selling ads. The most popular websites on the marketplace get anywhere from 1 up to 20 million monthly page views. And that cool thing is that we are talking about real page views, because the BuySellAds traffic tracker is pretty accurate (I tested it myself).
You can also filter your research by topic, keyword and so on. I am sure you’ll get some ideas using this strategy, to give it a try.
Leave a Reply