Last Monday we missed the video post, but this week it is here. The topic of the day is duplicate content, its definition and how you can reduce its occurrence on WordPress blogs.
I tried to use the .wmv format to reduce the size of the file, but the quality suffered a bit. Next week we will be back with .avi.
Here is a quick summary:
- Duplicate content refers to two or more web pages that have the same, or almost the same, content.
- Those two or more pages can be located on different or on the same website, so you can have duplicate content inside your blog also.
- Most of the times it is a good idea to avoid duplicate content since search engines might penalize it.
- WordPress themes (this is fault of the designers and not of the WordPress software itself) tend to come with a lot of duplicate content out of the box.
- Apart from the homepage, it is a good idea to check your categories and archive pages to see whether full posts are being displayed there or not
- Remember that your goal is to make sure that your posts or articles can accessed in full from only one location inside your site.
The plugin that I mentioned is the homepage excerpts one. Finally, if you can’t see the video player, here is the YouTube link: Daily Blog Tips – Duplicate Content.
- You will also receive tips to improve your blog, strategies to make money and useful resources from around the web.
Leave a Reply