Content Topics and Ideas for Your Blog
Many times it is difficult to come up with new content for your blogs. You feel like you have written about everything you know about already. There is no new news or information related to your blog’s topic that you have not covered. Well, in order for you to keep updating the blog regularly like is needed you will have to get creative. Here are some content topics for your blog you may not have thought of:
1. Money — Did you know that two ounces of gold can cover a billboard? Writing about money is always a sure bet. Whether you cover making money, saving money or spending money it will be a hit. Everyone is concerned about the bottom line and how much cash they have on hand. You can make almost any blog topic fit into something about money, even if you have to stretch things a bit. Get creative and see what you can come up with that will fit your blog’s topic.
2. Pets — Did you know that tigers can be trained to use a litter box? People love their pets and love to read about other people’s pets. If you want readers to get involved in your blog all you need to do is bring up pets. Maybe you can show a few pictures of your pet doing something cute or a video of your dog chasing his tail. Have readers send in their own pet photos. Pets are almost as popular as children when it comes to wanting to show them off.
3. Fashion — Did you know that pearls can weigh up to six kilograms? The world of fashion is ever changing. From men’s watches to women’s shoes, you can hardly keep up with new trends. This means you always have fresh content and new things to talk about with this topic. Even baby carriages and phone accessories and be fashion trends, so think about your blog’s topic and see if you can make this fit.
4. Gross — Did you know that the average person swallows a litre of snot every day? The stranger and odder the fact, the more people will take the time to stop and read about it. Strangeness pays off big time. If you can find out something truly weird to post on in your blog’s topic then you will get increased traffic and comments, almost guaranteed. Plus, the weirder a post is the more likely it will be that you will have a one of a kind post on your site, and that can only be a good thing.
5. Crime — Did you know that people see better when they are scared? Crime and criminals are a hot topic. There is always something new happening to warn people about. From identity theft to school shootings to terrorists, crime is something that never goes away. Fear sells and you can use that.
6. Health — Did you know that humans are allergic to mosquito spit? Everyone is concerned about their health. From natural remedies to sleep disorders to Facebook addiction, health is something that can cross over into nearly any blog topic. The more facts you can find and references you have the better, so with a little research health can make for great blog posts.
7. Age — Did you know that sharks can live to be a hundred years old? Everyone ages and everyone wants to stop it. Talking about getting older and staying young makes for interesting and viable blog posts. You can give tips on everything from skin care to doctor’s appointments. Even vacations and brain games can be stuck into this flexible category.
8. Green – Did you know that a beaver can cut down two hundred trees every year? Protecting the environment and going green have been hot topics for a while now. If you can find ways to incorporate that into your blog you will be well off. Taking care of the Earth is almost universally accepted as a good thing, and can really give your blog a boost in the right direction and make you appear to be environmentally conscious.
9. Natural Disasters — Did you know that Japan experiences around 1,500 earthquakes every year? Natural disasters like earthquakes, hurricanes, and tsunami’s are always good for a timely blog post. Even if you blog does not normally cover that sort of thing no one will question a break from the norm to cover something so big. This also gives you an opportunity to grab new readers who would not normally be exposed to your blog.
10. Cleaning and Organization — Did you know that cat urine glows under black light? Keeping things clean is universal. Everyone needs to stay clean and organized at the office and at home. From computer file cleanup to dusting the living room, you can offer helpful advice, tips, and programs to your blog readers. You can even help people to understand the importance of organization in their homes and businesses and how helpful it can be to their productivity.
11. Holidays — Did you know that turkeys can contain gold nuggets? The holidays make for great blog post topics. From Christmas to New Years to Independence Day you always have a holiday that is coming up. Share your traditions, favorite dishes, gift ideas, or decorating tips. Not only is it fun to write about, but it also brings in new readers and is great social media fodder.
12. Jobs — Did you know that diamonds are not all that rare? Though finding a good job seems like uncovering a diamond. Finding a job in this tough economy is something that few people seem to accomplish. You can help. Offer helpful tips on what to look for, how to dress, what to say and more. You can even offer tips on how to find freelance work or work from home. Jobs and employment is a hot topic right now and should get you some new traffic fast.
13. Psychology — Did you know that the two most common fears that people have are clowns and heights? Psychology is part of our lives in ways we do not usually think about. From ads to magazine covers, from television shows to the drinks we buy, we are constantly being exposed to psychology. Your blog posts can cover a variety of topics like: Why do you buy products? What is the most effective type of online advertisement? Why do some pictures make you happy?
14. Writing — Did you know that your body contains enough carbon to fill nine thousand pencils? Writing about writing seems insane at first, but think about it. Who are the majority of your readers? Other bloggers, of course. So if you can offer advice and helpful tips for them to use they will continue to visit your blog. Writers love to read about writing for some reason, probably the same reasons doctors read about medicine; to stay on top of the newest trends and discoveries. Take advantage of this and write about writing.
15. Diet and Exercise —Did you know that you weigh less going down in an elevator than you did coming up? People are obsessed with their weight. They love to read about new fad diets, what works and what does not. They love to read about exercise routines and work out tips. You can grab a huge market if you can integrate exercise and diet into your blog.
These are just a few ideas that could work for you. If you think outside the box you can come up with tons more. Do not keep rehashing the same old boring post topics. Come up with something new and fun to both read and write and get back into the swing of things. You and your readers will enjoy it.
Facts from: http://www.scienceworld.ca
This guest post is contributed by Debra Johnson, blogger and editor www.liveinnanny.com She welcomes your comments at her email Id: – jdebra84 @ gmail.com.
Browse all articles on the Writing Content category
7 Responses to “Content Topics and Ideas for Your Blog”
What about dating and parenting ? I think both of them also interesting.
Thank you for your tips
Some good food for thought, Debra.
Many topics do at first seem a little hard to write about. Though, once we dive in a little bit further, it can become possible to write fluently, and with a reasonable sense of Authority, on a number of topics….
These are really some nice ideas Debra. Personally I would prefer to cover the topics related to my niche and not just jump on any new trending topic.
Thanks for the tips. I personally try to write related to the theme of my blog. However, if I want to try some randomness and my writing creativity, what I did is to grab a book (or magazine) and randomly flip to a page and point to a word/phrase (with both eyes closed) and write anything about that!
It’s because of this kind of post that this blog is my favorite for learning in the blogging stuff. The Do Your Self topic is also interesting this days.
Its such a hot topic u covered. The Content explained under the each category was well & can easily understood. Additional to that the manner you explained each topic takes the reader to have a look depth into it. it would be helpful for the New Bloggers. 🙂
Fantastic ideas! One great blog topic idea is: blog topic ideas. 😉 You covered that one, but other topics could be “community.” See what’s going on where you/your readers live for events, meetings, celebrations, charity walks, etc. Get involved and share news so you’re seen as a resource for local happenings, good causes, and the like.
Comments are closed.